
I'll be presenting a paper at an academic conference this July, at the annual conference of the International Institute of Christian Studies in Kansas City. The preliminary title is "How to Think About Intelligent Design: Modern Science and the Christian Worldview." The main thesis is that critics are incorrect to claim that ID is not legitimate science, since there is no universal agreement on what counts as science in the first place. As such, we have the intellectual freedom to integrate our worldview into our understanding and practice of science.
For a number of reasons, this will be a great opportunity for me. I will get to add an impressive speaking engagement on my resume, and I will get to network with other professors from around the world. Hopefully some relationships will be formed that will prove advantageous for future job prospects. Your prayers would be appreciated as I seek to balance preparations for this presentation with summer teaching, writing a dissertation prospectus, and generally trying to be helpful around the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment