Sunday, April 23, 2006

Waiting

It seems like our family is in a purpetual state of waiting. Waiting and wondering what the future holds. We are currently waiting to see if David will be awarded funding at the U of A so he will no longer have to pay tuition. If he does not get it, then we have another waiting period ahead as we decide what to do next.

We also wait and wonder if Owen will ever be weaned.
Will he sleep longer in the mornings? (Thanks to a great book tip by Dr. Jackson this is starting to happen!)

As we wait, I am reminded of all the other times in my life I have found myself waiting and wondering. During these times I also found myself waiting on the Lord to show himself more clearly to me through the experience while leaning on Him to get through. It is the same now. I have been meditating on a song that recently came to mind this morning. I love this song. Has it ever been sung at the Grove? Here are the lyrics:

Hungry

hungry I come to You
for I know You satisfy
I am empty
but I know Your love does not run dry
so I wait for You
so I wait for You

chorus
I'm falling on my knees
offering all of me
Jesus, You're all this heart is living for

broken I run to You
for Your arms are open wide
I am weary but I know Your touch restores my life

so I'll wait for You
so I'll wait for You

I'm falling on my knees
offering all of me
Jesus, You're all this heart is living for

Oh, I'm falling on my knees
offering all of me
Jesus, You're all this heart is living for

and I wait for you
and I wait for you
and I wait for you
and I wait

I'm falling on my knees
offering all of me
Jesus, You're all this heart is living for

Oh, I'm falling on my knees
offering all of me
Jesus, You're all this heart is living for

hungry I come to you,
for I know You satisfy

1 comment:

Brett said...

Yes, we've sung it at The Grove. In fact, we wore it out.

A live version is on our last album, by the way...