My sweet first born baby is turning into a little boy more and more each day. He's been growing even faster it seems now that Eli is with us. It's hard to believe that in a few months he'll be 4!These days he's all about dinosaurs, 'reading', listening to books on tape, playing games, sports, wrestling with Daddy, movies, play doh and FRIENDS. He'll be starting preschool next year and I am confident he'll love it. He's been enthusiastically attending Mothers Day out the past two years so the transition should be pretty smooth for him.
Owen is such and tender, loving, sweet and helpful big brother. I am daily thankful to God for the precious bond these brothers are forming. It is so evident that Eli adores his big brother as well.
He is full of spirit from the moment he gets up until goes to bed. He has hit the ground running with a smile on his face since he was a tiny guy. He rarely sleeps during nap time these days, but is very good about 'resting' quietly in his room after lunch.
At about 3 1/2 life got a little bumpy - we worked through whinning, stubborness, sassiness, being patient and kind, eating more varieties of vegetables, and learning to be a good sport. I think we're through the worst of it and he's learning to recognize his emotions and trying to keep them in check while being respectful. We are STILL in the 'why' phase....not sure how long to expect this to last, but I know he's got a zest for learning even if it does get a big exhausting.
But, on the other side, he's budding into the beautiful world of immagination which is so fun to observe. I'm also so happy that he's still my lovey/cuddly boy. We tell each other multiple times a day how much we love each other. Sometimes he'll come looking for me around the house just to say 'mommy, I love you.' and goes back to what he was doing... *sigh* hope he NEVER grows out of that!
2 comments:
Such a sweet post! I can't believe how big your boys are getting!
wow, time flies!! great post!
miss ya :)
Post a Comment