A week after the first day of spring, we received about 6 inches of snow.
It only took Eli all winter long to actually begin playing in it.
Usually, he'd go out for mere minutes before being ready to come back inside. I think we spent more time getting him ready to go out compared the the amount of time he was actually outdoors! I think it was probably because his clothes were so big he couldn't really move around. He's pretty much the abominable snow boy with all his winter gear on! :)
Owen, however, is quite accustomed to the weather. His school has kids play outside at recess as long as the temps are above zero. Hard core!
We did manage to have some family fun during Spring break, despite the snow, though!
Here's Owen and I just minutes before his first ride on a roller coaster at the Mall of America Nickelodeon Universe park!
and here's a pic of us that the cameras on the coaster took:
(sorry about the flash glare, I just snapped a pic of the monitor displaying them)
It's so fun that Owen is tall enough to ride the 'BIG' rides. You can barely see him and David in the front row in the lower right corner.(click on the photo to enlarge and you might see David with his arms up - Owen is sitting to his right).
Another favorite was the bumper cars:
Eli had fun on a few rides himself! He recently got a hair cut that I think makes him look like such a big boy! *sniff, sniff* ;)

And yes, he's still sporting that Pirate hat.
He requested a hook, so we got creative with some cardboard!
Hopefully the next round of photos will show some outside photos and maybe even a little GREEN! :)










3 comments:
It's sort of sad, but I'm relieved to see that you had snow a couple weeks ago too. the joys of the north I guess. That looks like such a FUN DAY! Wish we had some place indoors like that we could visit when it's snowing in May.
You think I'm kidding? One year it snowed in JULY.
Hey, I didn't realize you had a family blog until I saw it listed on the same list you so kindly had mine on... :) Thanks friend!!
P.S. Can't wait to read a little more here.
Hopefully you get some green soon! We just had 15cm dump on us last night.
Post a Comment