Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Reflections on Texas Hold 'Em
On New Years Eve I played Texas Hold 'Em for the first time. Well, that's not completely true--some friends from Denver taught me a couple years ago, but I forgot the rules so it doesn't really count. Anyways, the point is that I'm not a very savy poker player. So I decided to download the Poker Stars software and play online a bit to improve my game. And let me tell you, I just don't understand how this game involves any skill. Time after time, my opponents just have better hands than me, and that seems like complete luck to me, nothing more. I'm sure a Hold 'Em veteran will insist that I need more time to learn strategy, and the above comments just reveal my ignorance and what not. Maybe those who are bad at Hold 'Em will claim that it's all luck, while those who are really good will insist it's skill and strategy. Well, I say whatever makes me feel better about myself in the end! So for now at least, poker is 100% luck. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment