Tuesday, August 01, 2006

One Sick Puppy!


On Friday night I went to bed with a slight headache. I woke up on Saturday morning with a fever, and decided to call into work sick. It was a good decision, as my fever rose to 101.5 and I basically felt like death for the next day or so. My fever went down on Sunday, but for the last two days I've been feeling quite tired and weak, and kind of achey in the joints. I went to the student health center and they think I caught a viral infection of some kind, and it's just taking my body awhile to recover.

It's weird how when you're healthy you rarely reflect on what a blessing it is to feel good and be able to pursue all the activities you enjoy. But when you're sick that's all you can think about--how great it would be to not be sick anymore. The old aphorism, "At least you have your health" really rings true for me right now, and I would like to start practicing more gratitude for the times that I am healthy.

No comments: