Ahhh, the innocence of a child's perspective....an innocent observation/description by Owen recently made me stop and smile:
As the weather has been getting warmer, the neighborhood kids have been outside more, our family included. Several new friendships have been forming and now that Owen is a bit older even some of the older kids are coming by asking him to come out and play.
One afternoon Owen was looking out the window and noticed some kids riding bikes out in our circle and he asked if he could go out and play with 'that girl'. I asked him what girl was outside and he couldn't remember her name so I asked him what she looked like and he went on to say, "That girl with the dark, dark hair." Jaquana is an African-American neighborhood friend - and only a sweet 4-year-old boy wouldn't even think to describe a person by the color of their skin - I wonder if he even notices...wouldn't it be nice if we could all have that perspective?
No comments:
Post a Comment