One thing I love about still being in school is that I always get an extended Christmas break every year; whereas if I were working in the "real world," my holiday vacaction would be limited to just a few days, and then it would be back to the daily grind again. Maybe deep down in my heart, this is what truly motivates my desire to work in the academy someday, because even professors get to enjoy these long Christmas vacations.
On a related note, I just finished my final paper for greek philosophy. It is not my best work, but it is done. And for now, that is enough. So since this is finished, my Christmas break has officially begun. Of course, tomorrow I will be working at the restaurant, so it's really a pseudo-break of sorts. Actually, now that school is finished, I will probably start working more and perhaps even be more busy than before. So ignore the previous discussion about how great Christmas break is. Because now that I think about it, it kinda' stinks!
No comments:
Post a Comment