Thanks to Whitney Virtue for watching the kiddo so we could go see The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe on Tuesday night. We enjoyed some buttery popcorn and a giant thing of Mr Pibb. And of course the movie was quite entertaining. The special effects were very impressive, and I even enjoyed the musical score, which is not something I normally pay attention to.
On the way home we were discussing how obvious the Christian allegory is in this story. It is pretty clear that Aslan represents Christ, and that Edmund's treachery points to the sin of humanity, and so on. Do most people realize this? I would think so. But then again, do most people really understand the heart of the gospel message? Again, probably so. But I wonder if there are some folks who totally miss the point here.
Anyways, as much as I enjoyed Narnia the real highlight for me was finding out that M. Night Shyamalan has a film coming out next year called Lady in the Water, and starring one of my favorite actors, Paul Giammati. And of course the trailer reveals almost nothing about the story, but just enough to hook you and make you curious to learn more. I have enjoyed all of M. Night's films--even Unbreakable--and can't wait for this one to come out.
No comments:
Post a Comment